Instructions for Submitting to Collaborvention 2011
Before beginning, be sure to review the Collaborvention 2011 CFP.
Scheduling an Event
Events may be scheduled for any time between April 22nd and May 13th (prior to the f2f 2011 Computers and Writing Conference) and between May 22nd and May 30th (after the f2f conference).
Since this is a "collaborvention," events should typically be sponsored or organized by more than one individual. In other words, if you wish to hold a discussion on a particular topic during the conference, first find at least a couple of others as organizers and facilitators of the event before scheduling it.
In submitting your event, you will need to provide
- A starting date and time.
- An ending date and time.
- The location of your event.
- Keyword tags for your event (optional).
- A description of your event. With your description, be certain to include any relevant contact information and the names of the primary organizers or sponsoring organization.
If this is your first time posting to computersandwriting.org, your event post will be moderated. You may need to give the conference planners 24-48 hours to approve your post (less as we get close to the conference). Once your event post is approved, it will appear on the home page of the website and be available to others through the websites RSS feed.
If you are ready, submit a Collaborvention 2011 event.
Posting Other Announcements
Perhaps you'd like to announce that you can provide resources to host other conference events? Or maybe you'd like to look for others to collaborate on creating a conference event? In addition to sharing your announcement on TechRhet, Facebook, and Twitter (#cwuncon), you can post to the Computers and Writing website home page:
- First, login to the computersandwriting.org website (register if you don't have an account).
- Next, post a story (see the top left hand menu once logged in for the link).
- Don't forget to tag your post with "Collaborvention 2011."
- If this is your first time posting to computersandwriting.org, your event will be moderated. You may need to give the conference planners 24-48 hours to approve your post.